12.03.2004

a brief introduction, if i might...

so begins my feeble attempt to add something to the world of mp3 blogging. this blog will consist of my few random thoughts on music and to be even more random, at times college football. so as it may be completely "un-hipster" to enjoy indie rock and a total jock sport at the same time....so be it. as you may have already noticed, i do not use caps. "the reason?", you ask, is that i never learned to type properly and pressing the shift button decreases the efficiency of my incredibly high speed version of hunt and peck.... oh, and i also enjoy ellipses immensely...

random thought on ellipses: they seem to give the impression that the thought is not quite done, that there is more that i could add at a later date...even if it were to completely contradict my previous idea. i suppose it's my way of not really committing to a specific comment... or isn't it.

so back to the platter at hand... my musical influences lie mostly in the mid-90's and more specifically in the recently much maligned sub-genre of "emo". the origin of this "four-letter" word has been explained in thousands of ways, and so has it's own resulting subgenres.... look here, here, or here. as you can see the issue of the genre can be debated ad nauseum, but it was what it was and is not what it was, if you get my meaning.
my first emo album was Diary by Sunny Day Real Estate and for some reason, whether it be because the genre has lost all meaning or i'm just getting old, i can't remember the last "emo" album that i purchased. i know i bought Guilt Show by The Get Up Kids, but i don't want to talk about that... (god, i loved Four Minute Mile through Something to Write Home About ... what happened? maturity?)

as time went on i grew up and moved on, and as my musical tastes matured so did i. well, i'd like to think they have, my wife does not seem to think so...well her answer was "ummm, yeah. they've changed, not so much matured."

so, after much rambling, my goal is to share with you good people the music that i love nowadays and also the music that got me here. so with each post i will try to give a couple of new and a couple of old ... please understand that i am limited in my "old" selection as one can only link to songs that are on the web and not upload from the library on my computer....disappointing but there you have it.

the new:
The Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
The Faint - Worked Up So Sexual (Death Cab Mix) - Chris Walla

the old:
Mineral - Gloria
The Appleseed Cast - Marigold and Patchwork

more to come...


0 things to say: