9.23.2005

let's make this short and sweet...

when it comes to reviewing albums, i'm not very good at the superfluous flowing descriptions of the sound contained within a record. the stuff that usually ends up not telling you anything at all about whether or not you will like the album, just leaves you with an adjective overdose.
so my new addition to this blog will be short/sweet album reviews that will tell you if i like the record or not, and that is it. of course, you then would have to trust my judgement which is your own decision anyway. i like what i like and can't be held liable for an album that you buy and don't like....although i'm sure that i will end being sued by a disgruntled reader for misleading album reviews...
also keep in mind that i don't have unlimited funds or labels sending me stuff to review, so i have to buy albums that i think i will like to start with, so a lot of my reviews will be positive.... unless someone, or a label, wants to provide me with material for reviewing ..... (anyone, hello?) in which case, there would be negative reviews to balance out the glowing reviews, presumably.
on with the show:

minus the bear, menos el oso, suicide squeeze (2005)

"brilliant. buy it if you like the old stuff, buy it if you've never heard it....just listen to it."

statistics, often lie, jade tree (2005)

"awesome. the whole album. start to finish. emo-tronic."
(i already talked about this band, see below, and i might copyright the name of my new sub-sub-genre so back off)

death cab for cutie, plans, atlantic/barsuk (2005)

"spectacular, just absolutely spectacular. no major label letdown, just more of the same beautiful songcrafting."

that is all for now, or at least until i can buy more music.
later...

1 things to say:

Stan said...

I heard Minus the Bear and some new Death Cab on the radio, both good picks by you, I think. I gotta check out your other album. I think I found some people who are into playing poker, so we got a game for you if/when you get to come and visit Switzerland.